If you’re experiencing erection problems, contact Dr. Daniel Kaplon in Sarasota, FL by calling (941) 917-8488. An erection problem means that a man can’t get or keep an erection that is firm enough for him to have sex. Erection problems are also called erectile dysfunction or impotence. Erection problems can happen at any age but are more common in men with other health problems, like diabetes. Having an occasional episode is considered normal and usually isn’t a serious problem.
During your initial consultation, Dr. Kaplon may ask you the following questions:
- Have you started taking any new medicines recently?
- Do you feel depressed or have a low mood or trouble sleeping?
- Are you having any difficulty or stress in your relationship or marriage?
- Did the erection problem start suddenly?
- How long have you been having erection problems?
- When do you have erections, what are they like, and how long do they last?
- What kind of erections do you have when masturbating?
- Do you have erections in the morning or during the night?
- Have you noticed a change in your desire or sexual interest?
- Have you noticed changes in your orgasms or ejaculation?
- Have you ever had any damage to your pelvic area (including surgery or radiation)?
- Do you have heart disease, vascular disease, or diabetes? Have you ever had a stroke?
- Are you having tremors, large changes in how much you weigh, diarrhea or constipation, or are you suddenly very sensitive to hot or cold temperatures?
- Do you have headaches or problems with your peripheral vision?
- Do you smoke cigarettes?
- Do you drink alcohol? If yes, how much?
- Do you have burning when you urinate or blood in your urine?
- What expectations and motivations affect both you and your partner?