Male Infertility Treatment in Sarasota, FL
What is Male Infertility?
One-third of all infertility problems are caused by the male partner. Though fertility can be seen as a woman’s issue, it’s vital that both men and women get tested if a couple is struggling to conceive.
Dr. Daniel Kaplon provides comprehensive testing and treatment for male infertility at his urology clinic in Sarasota. Learn more about male infertility and call (941) 917-5400 to schedule your appointment with Dr. Kaplon today.
Common Causes of Male Infertility
A man can be infertile for a number of reasons, including:
- STDs – If chlamydia and gonorrhea are left untreated, they can cause infertility in men.
- Hormonal Imbalances – Hormonal imbalances in the pituitary and thyroid glands can cause infertility. Luckily, hormonal imbalances that cause infertility can be treated with medication.
- Blockages or birth defects – It is possible for men to be born with blockages in the testicles. The blockages can prevent sperm from getting into the semen.
- Retrograde ejaculation – Retrograde ejaculation is a disorder where semen doesn’t come out of the penis during ejaculation. Instead, it enters the bladder. This can be caused by diabetes, medications and bladder surgery.
- Excessive exercise – Excessive exercise can lead to a man over-producing too many steroid hormones, which affect fertility.
- Heat Exposure – Taking too many hot baths, sitting with a laptop directly on the lap and sitting in a sauna can affect fertility in men. However, most sperm production is repaired shortly after being exposed to heat.
- Drug Use – Drugs, such as marijuana and cocaine can reduce sperm production.
Getting Tested for Infertility
If you and your partner are struggling to conceive, the first thing to do is see a urologist. Dr. Kaplon will do a physical exam and a semen analysis. If both exams come back normal, the physician will suggest further testing based on what they find appropriate.
Schedule a Consultation for Male Infertility Treatment in Sarasota, FL
Dr. Daniel Kaplon is a physician at Urology Treatment Center of Sarasota, seeking to provide the highest level of care through state-of-the-art technologies and highly skilled experience. We are devoted to addressing the individual needs and demands of patients in a warm and caring environment. Contact our urology clinic at (941) 917-5400 for information on male infertility.